With that being said, I have been eating eggs a lot lately and frankly I'm getting a little sick of them. I only like them when they are runny and for some reason I have been over cooking them. Not wanting them to go to waste I still gobble them down but I'm not terribly happy about it.
Eggs with spinach have been my easy healthy go-to breakfast for the past week but today I decided I wanted something different. Add some spaghetti sauce and badda bing, you have Italian eggs. I know it sounds way too simple but it's nice to change it up sometimes.
- Eggs (as many as you need to eat, I ate 3)
- 2/3 cup Spaghetti sauce (I used Trader Joe's because it is soy free)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for frying
- Heat frying pan over medium and melt coconut oil.
- Pour spaghetti sauce in the pan along with the spices and mix together until slightly bubbly.
- Crack your eggs into the sauce keeping them intact.
- Cover and cook until the whites are done and the yolks are still a little runny.